Quote of the Day!

Location Map of Visitors

Added this cool script ... thanks to Shantanu for telling me about it :)
Visitor Map

Tuesday 24 July 2007

Time to leave!

Its less than 2 days left here in Switzerland and finally I am done with winding up the work I did (was supposed to do at least) here. Still some things left ... have to write a report after getting back to IIT.

Was nice to meet both my postdocs here today, though one of them has now left and is in Germany these days. My professor, Tom Henzinger is away and had met him before he left last to last friday itself.

It has been a great time that I have spent here, learning lots of new things about academics and otherwise. I guess it has been fruitful in the sense that I could write some program that runs and does something - whether its useful or not is still debatable! :D But most of all, I have loved the new things that I have learnt - I had never played games before and was nice to do that here ... was great to learn many other things supplementary to that in CS. Rishabh was a great person to be with while he was here - is now back in IIT KGP - and I hope to be in touch with him. Saurabh was a good sophie to have to do all the work for me :P, more seriously, I probably didn't get bored here just because he was always there when I wanted to bug someone with non-sensical stuff (being a sophie he didn't have much choice but to listen to me anyways :P) and have some good discussions. Ankit and Prasang were also around and playing cards and fatte maarne mein bhi bahut majaa aaya! The IIIT guys I met here were also fun to be with and spent very little but real fun time with them!

Switzerland overall is an amazing country - just loved every part I have been to. It was sad I couldn't go to some parts of Europe I would have gone to otherwise, but I guess spending more time in Swiss is something I won't really regret! Seen some of the most beautiful sights ever in my life in the last 3 months or so - absolutely stunning natural beauty.

Having my parents here towards the end just made the whole package unbeatable! It was their second trip outside India and first real stay abroad - and not a bad place to do it! I am sure they have enjoyed this place as much I as did - sadly though they couldn't go to Mt. Titlis today which was in the plan - I am really optimistic and hope they can make it tomorrow!

Some bad experiences - well treating those as lessons of life :). All in all, a fabulous three months here - and now its time to pack up and go back to our motherland!

No comments: